Fibroblast Skin Tightening Aftercare
• DO NOT take anything that is anti-inflammatory. The inflammation response we will be getting is a good thing and we don’t want to mess it up by taking an anti-inflammatory or by putting cold packs on the treated area.
• Wash face GENTLY with a mild cleanser like Cetaphil one to two times a day and apply healing ointment. Do this till the scabs are off usually takes 5-7 days.
• As the treated area begins to heal, you will notice the drying out process whereby a brown/black crust develops on the surface of the skin. This will flake off after a few days but in some cases can take up to 10 days depending on if you are a slow healer or not.
• DO NOT PICK !!!! – The crusting as it can lead to infection or scarring. It is important to keep this area clean.
It is strongly advised that you use sunscreen SPF 40-50+ sunscreen (throughout the next several months to avoid sunburn, as the area’s sensitivity to sunlight will be heightened for up to 3-4 months post Fibroblast Lift procedure.
• DO NOT use alcohol-based cleansers as this will slow down the healing process.
• If at any time the treated area (s) become too hot, red or show signs of pus, please contact us or your doctor for advice as you may be developing an infection.
• It is important that these crusts are not removed (never scratch, otherwise a scar will remain). Instead twice daily in the morning and in the evening, carefully clean the areas, then disinfect them with distilled water spray and gently dab with a clean, lint-free cloth. Then apply provided ointment twice daily.
• After the independent peeling of the scab crusts (typically the 5-8 days), pink/red skin forms.
• When the crusty areas are completely gone and you still have slightly pink tissue then it is recommended you use a pink oil that I will provide you. (way to remember is pink tissue pink ointment😊
• Swimming and Sauna are only permitted 3 weeks after the procedure and once all the crusts have fallen off the skin surface and is completely healed and closed.
• Smokers may experience a significant worsening of the blood flow, which increases the risk of wound healing and/or slowed healing.
• Note that after the crusts are lost a slight redness may remain in the following area treated in the weeks or months. It takes 4-6 weeks (sometimes longer) until the skin has reached its normal color again.
• Follow-up treatment will not be before 8 weeks from the first treatment date.
• DON’T FORGET to Stay hydrated and take your 1500-2000mg vitamin c for 4 weeks after your procedure